Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fear and loathing in Denmark,
Part deux.

The distant, melancholy sound of a train setting off
for parts unknown.
Railroad tracks.
Railroad tracks stretching to the blistering horizon,
is what I see when I think of you.
Railroad tracks, birthday cake and crushed knuckles.

Our love was but a brief stay-of-execution.
Your cousin and your brother tried to kill me,
and even though they failed, they came far too close.
Not only was I a worthless westerner,
I didn't even believe in any celestial configuration
of the wayward western pantheon.
My hands still show the scars I got closing the fresh wounds
with fire.

But I saw and sated you...
And received more in return that I could ever deserve.
I gave you my farewell on my nineteenth birthday,
slinking of down the newly paved road, heady with the smell of freshly molten asphalt and lost in a dream of what would and will never be.
We both deserved so much more.

Those who know love best,
are those forever scorned.


Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

Wish I'd written it. Very, very nice.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger udonman said...

Hairless you my friend are a great author and so is the blog father after reading the post on both of your blogs I realize mine are nothing of quality or depth so i am going to call it quits for awhile will still post on nogodblog just wont put any post on my blog see yah later


Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How breathtakingly sad,love.

Love, brutally lived,
yet beautifully written.


Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home