Thursday, February 02, 2006

Reality. What is it and how do we escape it?

It is, of course, nothing but an agreed upon and tainted concencus.
There really -IS- no objective reality.
Or, rather, there might be but we'll never know,
as the simple act of observation changes and interprets the observed
Reality?
Reality is whatever our mind presents to us, filtered through our senses.
I am an atheist, in the sense that I consider all present explanations of the divine as mere
alibis for one group to enforce its reality upon others.
Reality is, indeed, manufactured.
It is formed in the mind.
It is the synapses firing at the right stimuli to produce organic orgasm.
Sticking to strict scientific observances, there is only one being in the world,
and that is I. Or you. Or someone.
Basically, we can never prove to each other that we exist independent of the senses of the one observing us.

The victors write the history-books, someone once said.
True, but I'm willing to bet that whoever said so had his own villains and benefactors firmly
etched in his mind.
But wait!
Am I really saying that there is no such thing as absolute evil and/or good?
Even when pertaining to my -own- conceptions of such?!?
Yeah, I am.
I will fight to protect your right to expression no matter how abhorrent your ideas may be to me.
Just as I will fight unceasingly to prove to you that you are wrong.
Ugly is the Jew who denies his Nazi executioner any human feelings.
Ugly is the Nazi Officer who denies his starved prisoner the same.
Ugly is the human race, regardless of its myriad colors and creeds,
when it denies that its opponents are acting out of anything other than the best intentions.
Ugly are we all.
Live, and if possible, learn.

11 Comments:

Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

HMDK:
Nice post.
Winston Churchill was the feller who said "History is written by the victors," BTW.

"It is the synapses firing at the right stimuli to produce organic orgasm."
A most interesting statement, rife w/intent & sploot!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd! I was just musing yesterday about whether I could even prove to myself or anyone else that I existed!
I came to the conclusion that I might be a figment of someone's imagination, (along with everything I perceive), and therefore may not be real.
But then what's the point of proving I exist? What difference would it make? Would anything change?
And indeed, how can reality be objective when our observing it subjectifies it? 'Tis a puzzlement.

Absolute evil/good? Nah. I'm not sure there's even unabsolute good/evil. After all, it's all a matter of perception. One man's ceiling is another's floor sorta thing...
Have to think on this more.
This is my initial reaction.

Karen

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

There is no good, there is no evil, jist different degrees of selfishness and altruism. We believe we are free, but we are prisoners of our own genes. We create the same gods we revere (we=humanity)... and so on

Friday, February 10, 2006 2:57:00 AM  
Blogger George Larson said...

I love Dr. Marco's blog and repsonses but they sure are deflating to the follower.

I had something to say but it will sound stupid now.

I respond only to exhibit my dumbnance, so that the next responder can feel safely distanced from the previous comment.

duhhh

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:29:00 AM  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

karen:
I was just musing yesterday about whether I could even prove to myself or anyone else that I existed!
Ummm...I could always pinch you! Hee-HEE-hee!

Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RA
But even if you pinch me and I squeal (in pleasure or pain; it's YOUR pinch after all)...how do I know that I am still not just a very well-fantasized object of your overactive imagination?
Hmmmm?

k.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger HairlessMonkeyDK said...

HEY!
Uncy Relucty!
Stop puttin' yer moves on my girl!
HANDS OFF!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:07:00 PM  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

HMDK:
Stop puttin' yer moves on my girl!
Oy gevalt.
I'd not dream of it.
Last time I did something like that, I became a home-wrecker.
Besides, I've become a bit of a voyeur (but only a bit) lately. Looky-loo me.

Friday, March 03, 2006 2:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RA
A voyeur eh!? Hmmmm. Are you voying the eurs of anyone we know?
Are HMDK and I providing virtual voyeurity for ya, or are you into the real thing? Heheh. Anything we can do to help, let us know! ;)
k♥.

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger HairlessMonkeyDK said...

Karen!
Ssshh!
Don't encourge the pervert!
Heeehhhe!

Monday, March 06, 2006 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger HairlessMonkeyDK said...

Thankee for the praise.
Plus, I've responded on yer own Blog.

Friday, March 17, 2006 4:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home